While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Review: Fearless by Max Lucado

Let me thank Thomas Nelson Publisher's for letting me review this book.



In Fearless Max Lucado sends the message that with fear in our lives we can be our own worst enemy. He also shows us how with faith and prayer we can overcome this fear. There are many examples of fear in the Bible and many examples of Jesus telling us not to fear. If we can trust our faith and know that there is nothing to fear through Jesus then we can live without fear. That is Lucado's message.

I've read a lot of spiritual/self-help books, not one has connected with me like Fearless did. I saw myself in so many of the examples of fear taking over one's life. It seemed as if Lucado was writing this book just for me to read. I think that for the first time while reading a book I actually sat the book aside and prayed. I liked the message and I've taken much from this book to heart.

There was also a companion booklet that came with this. The booklet was done well, it covered the most important topics from the book. I also liked the scriptures being grouped together at the end. It was nice to read a whole list of scriptures together rather then have them all spread out through the book.

To find out more about Max Lucado please visit his website
To find out more about Fearless please visit The Fearless Times
To find out where to purchase Fearless please visit Thomas Nelson Books

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi jennifer!

I have an award for you at One eyed stuffed bunny and ...