While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: Indivisible by Kristen Heitzmann

I got this book from the Waterbrook Blogging for Books Program.



About the Book

Battling his own personal demons, Police Chief Jonah Westfall knows the dark side of life and has committed himself to eradicating it. When a pair of raccoons are found mutilated in Redford, Colorado, Jonah investigates the gruesome act, knowing the strange event could escalate and destroy the tranquility of his small mountain town. With a rising drug threat and never-ending conflict with Tia Manning, a formidable childhood friend with whom he has more than a passing history, Jonah fights for answers—and his fragile sobriety.

But he can’t penetrate every wound or secret—especially one fueled by a love and guilt teetering on madness.

From best-selling author Kristen Heitzmann comes a spellbinding tale of severed connections and the consequences of life lived alone.

For more information about Indivisible you can visit Kristen Heitzmann's website. or you can like her on Facebook.

Purchase this book from my Amazon Store

My Review

Being an animal lover this one was kind of hard for me to read. The writing was great but the subject matter was something that really makes me emotional. I can't stand to read about hurt animals, and this book had quite a few hurt animals in it. The whole book I wanted to know who did it and I wanted to do the same horrible things to them.

I couldn't figure this whodunit out until the very end. I guessed it just a few pages before they discovered it in the book. I was so surprised, it was such a crazy twist! I would have never thought of ending the book the way it was. But it was so awesome that now that I know how it ends there's no way I'd ever want it to change. It really blew me out of the water!

The writing was very well done in this book. I didn't get lost in the dialog, and the dialog actually was "real." I also think the handling of the subject matter was done nicely. This book had a few gruesome parts, but it didn't focus on the gruesome, it focused on the love story that arises from the chaos is great. A real love triangle!

Despite the gruesome parts this book was still very good and I couldn't put it down. I think I laid in the tub for well over an hour because I didn't even want to set it aside while I got out of the tub. It really keeps the suspense going. Just as things start to wind down they get going full speed again. I really makes for a fast and compelling read.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. :O)