While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Requested Review for Knitting Under the Influence

I got a request to post a review for a book that I read earlier this week. In addition to my reading habit, I'm also a knitter and I was a little biased going into this book. So here is the review:

I won't say that I thought this was a great book, because I'd be lying. But I thought it was ok.

I really liked the book until the end. And I'm all for neat tie-ups and everyone goes away happy but I just didn't see all the outcomes in this book as believable. I know it's fiction but the characters should still be believable, right? The writing style was good and it was easy to follow the dialogue. The character development was great! I think that all the characters were fairly well-rounded and their personalities were fine, until the end. The end could have been so much better and still given the same outcome. I felt like you get to the end of the book and the author needed to get the last bit in but only had so many pages to do it, so she cut it so it would fit.

Bad ending or not I think it was an ok book. I'm going to find something else of her's to read as I really did like her writing style. It was very easy to follow.

No comments: