While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Review: Put your Dream to the Test by John C. Maxwell



I want to first thank Thomas Nelson publishing for their great review program. I've gotten a few great books from them and this one was just as good!

My review:

I've read two of John Maxwell's books before, I was inspired by them and this one was no disappointment. While some people may not even look twice at this book I think it is one that most everyone should read. When most people think of a dream they think of something that is unattainable. In this book Maxwell relates that not all dreams need to be huge, they just need to be something you are passionate about.

Maxwell's writing style allows anyone to understand the concepts he is trying to convey. He uses stories of people who have obtained their dreams and correlates those stories to each step of the dream process.

While reading this book I made many mental notes and have started using some of the processes that he mentions. One big thing that Maxwell points out is that if you are passionate about your dream, and you're pursuing a dream for the right reasons it can be achieved, you just need to realize it.

Overall a good read, it was both inspirational and motivating! It's never too late to achieve your dreams!

To find out more about this book, or to purchase this book please visit Thomas Nelson Publishing.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Your review copies: Hi Jennifer, my name is Karl Moore, can you get in touch at karl AT karlmoore.com - I have review copies for you :) Karl!

Gaby317 said...

Hi Jennifer,

This is Gaby from B&N First Look & Starting Fresh. I really this review. I'd signed up with Thomas Nelson publishing to review their books (thank you for the suggestion!) and your review shows me how to approach it. Thanks!

I've become a follower!

gaby317