While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Friday, June 4, 2010

: A Writer's Love Story by Robert Wacaster

I have to again thank Robert for allowing me to review another of his books.



About the Book

After finding out the man she was seeing is married, Katie is heartbroken. But the heartbreak doesn't last long when a best selling author named Robert walks into her life. He's charming, caring, and seems to be everything she's ever dreamed of in a man. But does she really know him? And can she handle a long distance relationship with Robert when he has to leave New York for California? Can Katie and Robert truly find happiness together? Or will this be just another "Writer's Love Story?"

My Review

This was a good one. It was a very good love story. It wasn't too mushy and it wasn't "hard". It had a pretty good balance. I think the best word to describe this one is endearing. Plus there were some pretty good surprises.

The story is pretty fast paced, like the last Wacaster novel I read there was little down time in this one. Which made this quite a quick read. I liked the story itself. Wacaster's humor really comes through in this one.

The characters were pretty good. Katie, at times was a bit of a drama queen, and even a ditz. But I think for the most part the characters were all believable. I think we've all known someone who is a bit ditsy (even I've had my ditsy moments). Jill was a pretty good character, she was very level-headed. Given Katie's ups and down she needed a contrasting character. I also liked Robert. He was a bit of a loose cannon though, most of the surprises were things that he did.

I really liked this story. I was able to connect with what the characters were going through. I really liked the BMW part of the story (you'll have to read it to find out...) The ending was also pretty good. I thought the ending would happen a little earlier in the story, but it was a good way to end it. I think had things happened differently I would have been disappointed with it.

A Writer's Love Story

No comments: