While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Review: The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson

Thanks to Glass Road for letting me review this one.



About the Book

At their sixtieth anniversary party, Adam Carlson asks his wife, Elizabeth, for their customary waltz. After the dance they gather the family and share their story—a story of love and courage overcoming adversity and thriving in the face of overwhelming odds.

It’s the summer of 1946, and Adam has just returned from the war to his home in Reunion, Montana. At a town festival he meets Elizabeth Baxter, a young woman going steady with his former high school rival and now influential banker, Nathan Roberts.

When Adam and Elizabeth share a waltz in a deserted pavilion one evening, their feelings begin to grow and they embark on a journey, and a dance, that will last a lifetime.

You can purchase a copy of The Anniversary Waltz from my Amazon Store.

My Review
I absolutely LOVED this book. It was one of the greatest love stories I've read in a very long time.

I really liked Adam - he was my favorite character. He was a knight in shinning armor so to speak. He was very caring. I liked that he was always looking for a way to help others. He was also a very loyal person, even though his dad felt a bit betrayed. Then the romance with Elizabeth. Elizabeth seemed to have her head on straight, until the end and even then she finally comes to her senses. I loved being part of  the story of them falling in love. It was so romantic. They seem to be able to get through anything, even when disaster strikes Adam's not willing to give up.

This book was very well written. Nelson has the ability to create such a vivid world that I didn't want to leave! I felt like I was a part of Reunion and was right there in the action. I was so emotionally attached to the characters that I just wanted  the story to go on forever. Even the secondary characters were so well developed that I felt like I was a part of the community. I knew who these people were and had a connection to them all.

Overall this was an amazing story! I will be hoping and waiting for something new from Nelson.

1 comment:

Darrel Nelson said...

Jennifer:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and review The Anniversary Waltz. I really appreciate your kind words regarding my novel. My next novel is slated for the spring of 2013. Hope you enjoy it too.