While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Review: GateKEEPERS

Before I give you my review. I want to say that I always try to read a book cover to cover. It is a very rare thing for me to set a book down and never pick it back up. I especially try to read everything I get from an author or a publisher, as I feel that if they've sent me the book for free the least I can do is read the whole thing in order to write a proper review. I also try to find the good in everything, so even a bad book I'm going to look for positives when I write my review. But this one I feel as though reading it is becoming a chore. I truly thought this one sounded like it was going to be interesting, and there are probably people out there that are going to like it. But for me, it just wasn't my thing.

GATEKEEPERS GATEKEEPERS by Sheldon Robert Stone


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I never follow the 50 page rule, I almost always try to read a book the whole way through. But I just couldn't get into this one.



I think the story has merit, and had I been able to get over my dislike for the writing style, maybe I could have finished it. But the way this book was written was just not for me. I think there was a bit too much detail and that the dialogue was a little dry.



I really wanted to like this one, but as the story starts out at a congressional hearing my mind wandered, much like Nathan's, the main character in the first chapter. I couldn't focus on what was going on, and I had to keep re-reading sections because I was a bit lost at times.



I do think I will try to pick this one up again in the future. I think there's a big secret being hidden and as Nathan tries to figure out why his project was halted, as well as why it seems he maybe getting blackballed in the world of architecture, that the story will pick up. But at this point I just can't seem to muster up the interest to read any further.



I don't think the book is bad, it's just not my style of writing. I hopefully someday will pick it up again, as I do want to find out why Nathan's project was stopped, I just don't think at this point I can.


View all my reviews.

No comments: