While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Review: Kiss the Darkness by Robert Wacaster

Thanks to Robert Wacaster for sending me his book to read.



About the Book

Sergeant Robert Vekesser is blinded by a mortar blast on Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. After arriving at a small rehab hospital in Germany, registered nurse Lieutenant Holly Winters is drawn to him. Dealing with Robert’s new handicap isn’t easy, and both Holly and Robert take an emotional journey as they learn to deal with his loss of sight and the nightmares he begins to have. Sharing a hospital room with two other wounded men, Robert learns to cope as best he can with Holly at his side. When the inevitable transfer comes through for Robert to be sent stateside, will he and Holly be able to let each other go after falling in love? Only time will tell.

As always you can purchase a copy of Kiss the Darkness from my Amazon Store.

My Review

I have to admit that I love Robert Wacaster's books. I've read a few of them now and they are all pretty good. Plus he's one of the first authors that sent me books to review here on Just Jennifer Reading, so I might be a bit biased. But I do have to say that this is probably the best book of his that I've read thus far.

The story is one that I can't imagine having to go through. Robert is injured in Afghanistan and looses his sight. But while in the hospital he meets Holly a nurse. As Robert is recuperating Holly is by his side helping him get through the anguish of learning he may never see again, as well as the mental turmoil that he goes through from his experiences.

I liked Holly she was very strong and knew what she wanted. It didn't matter to her what it took to get it, she was going to bust down every obstacle in her way. She thought with her heart, and that's what made her so determined. But she was also very intelligent. She knew that certain obstacles needed to be coerced, rather
than broken down, and had the smarts to be able to get through those obstacles also. Robert was a very sweet guy. He seemed like a bit teddy bear, lovable when he needed to be but fierce and protective when those he loved were in danger.

The story was pretty fast paced. There wasn't much down time. Things just kept happening, but not so fast in a wear you out to read it kind of way. Just enough to keep the story on an even keel. Overall another great book by Robert Wacaster!

No comments: