While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Review: Boots and Pieces by Emily Ecton

Let me start by thanking Melyssa and the rest of the team at Book Divas for letting me review this one. I wasn't expecting a children's book, but it was a nice diversion from the heavy reading I've been doing for school, and the stuff I have waiting to be read.



My Review

Boots and Pieces is a childrens book about two kids, Arlie and Ty, who are learning more about the recent disappearances of kids in their town than they wished they knew. What's worse is no one believes them. As the prom on Lake Heather gets closer it becomes evident that the disappearances are caused by something not human. In order to try and be school heros Ty and Arlie, and Mr. Boots the chihuahua, try to save prom, and all their fellow school-mates.

This book was very well written. I'm not a big fan of kids books anymore I have to say that I did like this one. It had a good plot, and the character development was better than many adult novels I've read. The story is action packed and leaves you guessing till the very end. It's part of a series so there wasn't much in the way of resolution. I probably won't be picking up the rest of these, but if you're looking for something for your children to read I'd say this is a good one to go with. I did have one issue though, towards the end of the book the word pissed is in there. For a kids book I didn't think it was appropriate, but I guess depending on the age of the kid reading it, it's not that bad of a word.

For more information on this one please visit Emily Ecton's website.

No comments: