While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Review: Unfaithfully Yours by Anthony C. Patton

I won this book on Library Thing for review.



About the Book:

Valerie Johnson and Athena are two very different women. Or are they? Valerie is a business executive who married her high school sweetheart, Stanley. Fifteen years later, they have two kids and live in the suburbs, wondering where the time has gone. Athena is the hottest pop diva in the world, successful and independent. Fifteen years later, she is lonely at the top, wondering why she did not marry her truelove, Brad. Things get interesting when Brad makes a Jay Gatsby return and a case of mistaken identify brings Stanley and Athena together for a midnight rendezvous. In the end, love has the last laugh.

My Review:

Unfaithfully Yours was a bit odd at first. The story is written in a different format: not a normal novel, not a normal screenplay. It was somewhere in between the two. I felt like I was "reading" a movie (That doesn't really make sense, but that's the only way I can describe it). It took a little to get used to the format, and while I didn't dislike the format I didn't love it either. It was kind of take it or leave it for me.

This one was a quick read, it took me about two hours, which is about the time it would take to watch a movie. The story doesn't take really long to get going, I found a decent pace at the beginning that just flowed through the book. It didn't get real intense and faced paced, but it didn't get boring either.

The characters were decently developed. The plot was good. There were a few times I laughed. The dialog and actions of the characters were a bit odd at times, but they were believable.

This book was just ok for me. Everything was just kind of in the middle... The plot was ok, the characters were ok, it was just ok. It definitely wasn't a bad book, but it didn't captivate me the way a great book does.

I couldn't find any info on the author or the publishing company, so if you're interested in learning more about Unfaithfully Yours or to purchase a copy please visit Amazon.

1 comment:

Simcha said...

This sounds like an interesting book but the format does seem like it could be irritating.