While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

The Wedding

I honestly knew the ending close to the beginning of the book. However as the story progressed I began doubting myself and eventually gave up my original notion. But I was right. I think that the fact that the ending was so well covered up was a great writing feat.

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this one. I've never read Nicholas Sparks and I've not seen any of the movies based on his books. I think I have found another author to add to my list of favorites.

The story starts with a man who forgets his anniversary. While he decides that he needs to rekindle his romance with the woman he loves we get to see them fall in love all over again. Through the book there are flashbacks to when Wilson and Jane fell in love the first time. That is one of the great things about this book. We get to see them fall in love twice.

Not only is this a book that proves true love can always prevail but it shows that even when you think love is lost there is always hope. It may not be easy, but love never is.

The beautiful story is made even better with the beautiful landscapes describe in perfect detail. Sparks give enough information for you to get the whole picture without giving so much that the details become mundane. In my head all the landscapes were oil paintings, I think this is more from the cover art, but even without the cover art I would imagine my mind going to a beautiful oil painting anyway.

I got very engrossed in this book. Surprisingly I did not cry at the end, which is usually characteristic of me. But I was so moved by the story that I think crying would have distracted me a bit.

Overall I would say this was a great book. It had great character development and the story was more than captivating. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to be taken away into a great story.

No comments: