While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Review: The Chameleon Conspiracy by Haggai Carmon

I have to thank Bostick Communications for letting me review this one.



My Review:
Dan Gordon works for the US Government chasing criminals who have committed crimes such as money laundering and embezzlement. When he gets handed a 20-year old case with no new leads he doesn't realize the whirl wind that this case would take him on. He travels the world searching for the Chameleon, or at least searching for clues to find where this man has hidden.

This book was pretty good. Carmon does a great job keeping you reading. I hated when I had to set this one down. It is suspenseful, to say the least. There are lots of twists and turns, and most all of them are completely unexpected (at least I didn't see them coming). The characters are somewhat two-dimensional, with the exception of Dan Gordon, but the plot more than makes up for a small lack in character development.

Overall I'd say I liked this one. It was well written, and the situations seemed plausible to me. It was an interesting look at how a government agent gathers information and uses that information to track the bad guys. I will defiantly be getting my hands of some of Carmon's other works.

For more information on The Chameleon Conspiracy please visit Sleep With One Eye Open

No comments: