While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Review: The Liberation Diet by Kevin Brown and Annette Presley

Thank you to both authors, and Bostick Communications, for letting me review this book.



Disclaimer: I am in no way certified to give nutrition or diet advice. This review is simply my opinion. Please use your discretion as it applies to this diet. If you are unsure of the diet please seek the advice of a trained professional.

My Review
I've never really been a big dieter so, I've never really read any diet books. This one was a first for me. The Liberation Diet seems like a diet that just about anyone can do. As with any good diet it does require a lifestyle change, but with any weight loss program if you're not willing to alter your lifestyle to get results, you're probably not going to lose weight.

The book starts out with some common myths, and then dispels them. Things such as don't eat saturated fats and eat high amounts of carbohydrates (like bread and fibers). Therse is evidence to back up their ideas as well. The book also talks about how these common diet myths came to be and why, even though they've been proven wrong, the government and those in control want us to continue to believe the myths.

The book does give recipes and a diet plan to follow, but in addition it helps you plan the steps to living a new healthier lifestyle. Things such as cleaning out your cupboards, what to stock up on, and what types of kitchen items you should have on hand. I haven't tried the diet yet, but it does seem like one that could be effective.

I guess as with any diet you have to decide if you think you can stick to it. You also have to decide for yourself if you feel the authors (a nutritionist and a personal trainer) have done their jobs in coming up with a healthy program. I personally feel this could work, but that's just my opinion, you have to come up with your own. But if you think this is the one, this book gives you all the information you need to get started.

For more information about The Liberation Diet, or to purchase this book please visit The Liberation Diet Website.

No comments: