While some of the books I review on my site are furnished by the publishers, authors, or publicists for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Review: You Wanna Go to Willard by Linda M. Holbrook

I want to thank Bostick and Linda Holbrook for allowing me to review this one. I really liked it.



My Review

This is a great heartfelt story. I loved Laura, she was so down to earth, and she seemed like a real person to me.

I almost immediately became attached to her. I felt the pain, joy, sorrow, doubt, everything she was going through. There were a few times I was brought to tears. I was angry with people that hurt her. I wanted her to succeed in everything so that she could build her self-confidence.

This was a great story about life in general. Things happen and we have to deal with them and move on. This book reiterated one thing that I always say "Everything happens for a reason, even if we can't see it at the time". I think if I had to summarize the theme of this book, that would be it.

This one took me a little longer than I expected to finish. I don't know why it was a slow read but it was. It was engaging though, and that kept me turning the pages. Overall I would have to say it was touching.

For more information on this book, or to purchase a copy please visit Book Surge.

No comments: